In honor of Christmas being just days away, I wanted to share with you my favorite part of the holidays. The Christmas music!! I’m that person that starts listening to it a week before Thanksgiving and strictly plays holiday classics until New Years.
I love plugging in my Christmas tree, sitting on the living room floor to wrap gifts and playing Christmas music. I, of course, have some go to albums that I always play every year, so today, I give you Katy’s Top 5 Christmas Albums.
5. Michael Buble Christmas: not every song on the album is the best, but I could never tire of his voice and his version of All I Want for Christmas secured this spot on my list. Well done Michael.
4. Mariah Carey Merry Christmas: it’s festive, poppy, fun and killer with that voice that can hit 302 notes in one song. She may be cheesy, but when your stuck in traffic because every one and their dog is out shopping and your just trying to get some lunch and get back to the office, it’s just what Buddy the Elf would order to put you in a good mood.
3. John Denver and The Muppets: nothing puts me in the Christmas spirit like hearing Miss Piggy scream “5 gold riiiiings!”. It makes me think of home and I will always love listening to this Maxwell Family classic.
2. Andrea Bocelli My Christmas : what kind of explanation could I give for one of the world’s best singers? None. So, Andrea Bocelli – enough said.
And for the coveted number 1 spot. drumrooooooooooolllllll!
1. Amy Grant Home for Christmas: why? Because it is just the best Christmas cd ever! Amy Grant’s soothing voice is homey and always makes me excited to spend time with family. Every song on the album is great and in my book, it just can’t be beat.
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Stop by on Tuesday. Melody will be back with a post-Christmas…well post